The earth.li half-birthday is the 10th August. The nearest weekend to this in 2009 is Sat 8th-Sun 9th.
Let's have a picnic in Oxford that weekend.
Turn up to the Angel and Greyhound meadow from 1 (*NOW*). Bring picnic food. Sainsburys is between the station and the meadow, there's a tescos on Cowley road. There is an off-licence just next door to the meadow If it's raining (which it isn't), we'll probably have to give up on the idea of a picnic and go to the pub instead. But it won't rain! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/oxford_forecast_weather.html
In the evening I expect some of us will go for yet more food somewhere.
On Sunday, meet at Magdalen Bridge for punting at 1pm. Bring lunch if you like.
It is a family friendly event (non-Earthling family members allowed).
1.1. Earthlings who will Attend
- Amanda Kerr-Munslow
- Alex Sittampalam
- David Sheldon
- Juliet Kemp
- Caroline Berry
- Ian Lynagh
SimonHuggins (someone better remind me beforehand though if you're planning this far in advance)
JonathanMcDowell (need to be back at Heathrow by 18:30 on Sunday)
- Matthew Byng-Maddick
- Tim Bagot
- Angharad Fenton-May (even though I am 30 that day so I shall expect extra kudos or something)
- Tristam Fenton-May
- Stephen White
1.2. Non-persons who will attend
1. Oliver Green
1.3. Earthlings who can't make it
ChrisVenus - In Vietnam
- Socks - In Whitstable
- David Woolger - Repairing car...
1.4. Earthlings who have complicated availability
- Angharad Fenton-May (we can now make the Saturday for the picnic but will go out for dinner in the evening with my Mum for her birthday and mine, we will probably be busy with her the next day but we'll see how it goes)
- Tristam Fenton-May (same availability as Angharad)
- Tim Bond (Probably busy with family all day Saturday but may be able to make some of Sunday)